Wednesday, May 6, 2009

He's a romantic one

So today we went canoeing.
Amazing.
Beautiful.
So many scenes that just take my breath away.
I was sitting at the bough (?the front?) of the canoe,
just drinking it all in.
I was looking at all of the interesting houses.
Their different shapes.
Interesting features that I hadn't seen before.
All along the water's side.
I thought about how one day I would love to build a house.
Maybe before my (future) husband and I marry.
I've been thinking about marriage a lot lately.
So I tell God..." I want someone to romance me"
"I want to be romanced"
"swept off my feet"
so...a little laterI see that there is something red floating in the river.
I want to see what it is.
We continue forward,
and just close enough so that I can get a better look.
when I realize what it is I stretch my arm over the side of the canoe and pull it into the boat
A rose.
a single
fresh cut
redrose
beautiful.
God just romanced me.
it was beautiful.
and I love him
He's a romantic one...

No comments:

Post a Comment